Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple interviews with Jon where he says he think he could take GSP in a rematch. Anyone think it would go differently, I mean GSP doesn't really have anyone more to fight, Paul Daley is left, but GSP would just take him down and sub him or take it 50-whatever UD.

And at the end of the day, even if it went the same way, at least Fitch v GSP would be more entertaining than GSP v Hardy was.

·
Banned
670 Posts
It would be real professional wrestling basically. Why is there no real professional wrestling? Because most people find it boring, I would enjoy the fight more than any other at ww for GSP but really the dude needs to move up, imho.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be real professional wrestling basically. Why is there no real professional wrestling? Because most people find it boring, I would enjoy the fight more than any other at ww for GSP but really the dude needs to move up, imho.
That's kind of my point, Fitch is a good enough wrestler that GSP wouldn't just take him down as easily as he did Hardy, I mean for chirst's sake at one point GSP took Hardy down with his leg while Georges was sitting on the ground. Fitch has shown he has enough heart too. It seems like the best fight at WW for GSP, though if he stopped Fitch it would pretty much force him to move up to 185 because then there really isn't anyone left.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I dont mind a second Fitch/GSP fight but not yet, Fitch still needs to get better. In a year or maybe 10 months down the line he might be ready to make it a competetive fight but right now he would get destroyed again imo.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont mind a second Fitch/GSP fight but not yet, Fitch still needs to get better. In a year or maybe 10 months down the line he might be ready to make it a competetive fight but right now he would get destroyed again imo.
Who else could GSP fight until then? Figure a year is at least two more fights, so the winner of Daley/Kos and then Who after that?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kos is definitely his biggest challenge. He has KO power and amazing wrestling. GSP already beat him though and would probably beat him worse the 2nd time around.
GSP has already beaten everyone, so at this point it's just who would be the best rematch. hahaha

·
Registered
769 Posts
Fitch would definitely be the best person to fight GSP next. Would it go differently than the first time? I doubt it but I can guarantee that Fitch would put up more of a challenge than he did last time.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
NOTHING would change, GSP would outclass him on the ground and standing up.... We would watch Fitch get tossed around for 25 min, and get a new look to bring home to mama

·
Registered
342 Posts
I doubt Fitch will ever beat GSP, but it will always be competitive, at least more competetive than the Hardy fight.

For now GSP should fight Kos/Daley because IMO Kos did as well as anyone against GSP, and is arguably the most improved fighter of the guys who lost to gsp. And if Daley can keep the fight standing (although kos' ego might do that for him) and KO one of the best wrestlers at WW then the UFC can sell GSP vs Daley. Id love to see Daley win but I dont see it happening. Excited about that fight.

While thats going on I want FITCH VS ALVES!!! I think these two guys are the absolute top of the division (aside from gsp) and it would be a great main event. If Alves can get past Fitch then he'd be right back in line for the shot. I know Alves just got thoughly beaten by GSP last summer, but if he gets past fitch then he will have shown he can keep the fight standing with a top wrestler. Alves matches up better against GSP than anyone else at WW IMO.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There is just no way of making this an interesting fight. GSP has already destroyed him once, and Fitch remains one of the least watchable fighters in the UFC. Add to that the fact that GSP's or Greg Jackson's "plan of attack" has become ever more conservative, and you have the recipe for lots of "boo's" and possibly a temporary cure for insomnia.

Please don't make this fight. The more you think about it, the more inevitable it seems that GSP must move up to the 185 lb. division. There's no one left for him to fight.

·
Banned
689 Posts
i think kos will have the best chance if he can focus on his wrestling than there is no doubt that he could take gsp down he did it before without working on his wrestling than he sure as hell could do it now i don't care how many people fall for GSP's unstoppable wrestling hype if kos dedicates himself to his wrestling than i could see kos being the best wrestler in the Div. again

·
Registered
797 Posts
i think kos will have the best chance if he can focus on his wrestling than there is no doubt that he could take gsp down he did it before without working on his wrestling than he sure as hell could do it now i don't care how many people fall for GSP's unstoppable wrestling hype if kos dedicates himself to his wrestling than i could see kos being the best wrestler in the Div. again
What unstoppable wrestling hype? Hardy getting a title shot and anyone giving him a chance is hype. GSP's wrestling skills is not hype at all. Idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts

Kos out wrestle GSP? Or be in GSP's guard for more then a minute? Ur dreaming

·
Banned
689 Posts
kos can out-wrestle gsp

1 - 20 of 34 Posts