Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Steam Online, Or Pay For A UFC When You're Alone...

• Pay - The UFC works hard and spends lots, I have to support them

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Stream - Money is tight but I'm sure other honest people who have money will pay and support the UFC

Votes: 42 56.8%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a weak card on... no title fights. None of your favorite fighters...

Your buddies are all busy, and money is tight.

BUT you're still a UFC fan and want to talk about it (at least online). What do you do?

1 - do you cough up $50 to watch it by yourself?

2 - do you stream it online in same crap feed?

Following that DW thread about him wanting to send streamers to jail, that got under my skin a little bit. You might think I am being a hypocrite, but, I actually have a business selling digital products that can easily be illegally shared. Do I care? No. I know who my paying audience is, and if someone is going to go the lengths of finding it in torrents, then they wouldn't buy it anyway.

Anyway. I'm curious out there as to see what the percentage is of people who stream it on these threads. I stream it sometimes. I prefer not to, it sucks and I'd WAY rather watch it in HD, but I can't always afford to.

Going to the bar sucks because no one knows what they're talking about and you can't hear the commentary.

Be honest, you won't go to jail.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I pay for cards or fights that I am really anticipating, but if the card doesn't look worth $50 but still catches my interest I'll torrent it the next day. I don't waste my time with streams, because the few times I've looked for them they were very bad quality and constantly getting shut down.

I end up buying at least 70% of the events, considering most cards are bound to have one fight I really want to see.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I found a sweet website that streams them all with few shutdowns and good quality, so I usually would just do that. I have bought some though before.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hell no I'm not buying a PPV for 50 dollars. That's a stupid amount of money. You should own the rights to that PPV and receive a DVD of it for that much.

Only way I'm buying one of their PPV's is if it's 20 bucks or if Dana White is gonna give me a handy with it.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I pay. Not that I've never streamed, but the people who voted stream really shouldn't be the same people posting & bitching about fighter's rights and how Dana rips them off, cause you're ripping them off too. Just say'n. I only pay for the one's I REALLY want to see, otherwise, I pay $5 at a sportsbar.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
The price is too much and they have PPVs too often. This isnt where they have events once every 1-2 months where you dont mind spending $50 on entertainment, they sometimes have events every 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dont usually watch stream/DL ppv's but I am lucky just due to the place I go to that shows the UFC's/WWE's ppv's at a 2$ covercharge...so even the crappy cards I watch for pennies.

Not to advertise but it's much safer to find a upload site that has the ppv then torrenting. People look for people that torrent as opposed to straight downloading from a upload site.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
A group of friends and I rent almost every ppv at my house. Helps break up the cost of course but it also gets everyone together which is cool. I have found the fights online the next day if I'm out of town or something so I'm not completely innocent:(

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
i live in brazil...is that good enough?....lol

nah, under those circumstances i wouldnt stream but i would download it in HD 2 hours later:thumb02:....stream sucks, these kids today have to have everything so fast haha

why would i pay so much to watch it alone? id rather watch it alone for free on my pc, other places in the world have it for free, how come i cant have it?

i dont feel bad because honestly if i wasnt going to get it from the internet i wouldnt buy it anyway, if its not a major card im not gonna pay that much money

now if it was a major card, by major i mean at least with a title on the line and i liked the fighters, then yes i would pay even if im alone

but if it was possible to go watch at a bar i would just do that for all the events:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
I have never paid for an event and I'm streaming very rarely. I live in a place where the events are aired at 4am and I'm not willing to pay 50$ to watch a UFC event half asleep.
If I lived somewhere in North America I'm sure I could cough up a few bucks with some friends, but since I don't...

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I have streamed before, but a few friends and I have a viewing party where we split the cost (usually made up in beer and food) and we even discuss which cards we will order as they are all not equal. The ones I don't pay for I will still catch online later for free (so I am not totally innocent yet).

They do come a little too quick and expensive to catch them all, especially when it is a poor card due to replacements, etc. I still think the UFC should do a PPV bundle at the beggining of the year, offer like 25% but you get all the UFC PPV's.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I pay for every ppv. Apparently I'm one of the rare few. These guys are working their asses off to entertain me, so i will support them. I used to go to buffalo wild wings but I ended up spending 75+ on food and drinks so it's cheaper to stay at home with a pizza and a 12 pack. Plus I usually have my 2 friends chip in 20 each and it ends up only costing me 20. The punks in tapout and affliction shirts at the bar annoy me and don't know squat except what they see on spike.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I pay for the cards that have truly inspiring fights for me. Matches between guys that put on awesome martial arts displays, or just my favorites in general. I'm an artist myself (musician) and I really feel strongly against streaming and pirating, if you're that hard up for cash. For the cost of a beer and some wings you can sit at just about any bar these days and watch the event with a bunch of people.

The reason I don't do that for my favorite cards is just to avoid people that have no idea what they are talking about annoying me. I was asked once, "when do you think Kimbo will get a shot at Brock?"... it's those things that make me want to skip it, not the money.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
It depends on the circumstances, I'm simply not going to let anyone dictate to me how I watch fights.

If I feel like ordering I will, If I feel like going to a bar I will and if I feel like streaming I will!

There is NOTHING Zuffa can do about it and NO I dont feel bad about streaming anything.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Personally i think we have it perfrect in the U.K. I pay £10 a month for EPS (which i do pretty much just for the UFC and the odd premier league game) and for that we get all the UFC events, Which is an unbelievable bargain when they are $50 in USA.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts