Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get a takedown and dont do anything significant in 30secs i say stand the damn fight back up. lots of these fighters are just abusing the system and its pathetic.

the koscheck fight tonight was pure garbage. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
i agree, but it would be hard to change the rules without nullifying wrestling in anyway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you get a takedown and dont do anything significant in 30secs i say stand the damn fight back up. lots of these fighters are just abusing the system and its pathetic.

the koscheck fight tonight was pure garbage. :thumbsdown:
Daley fought like a complete idoit. Everyone know how good Kos wrestling is and yet Daley pretty much gave him his front leg with the stance he had. Overally, Daley was a douche, Koscheck was a bigger douche and GSP has motivation to knock KOS the **** out.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then thirty seconds if the action doesn't progress as desired they should throw them knifes?

I bet you love arena football, they don't have that pesky running game.
I love all aspects of MMA except the part when you can literally take someone down, sit on them for 5 mins, inflict zero damage and manage to win.

if you cant hold and hug your opponent for 5 mins while standing, why should you be able to do it on the ground? its BS.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
It's a tough call. It's why you need more refs like Herb Dean who can tell when a fighter is attempting to work and when one isn't. Standing up from back mount is reatarded but i agree that once or twice in the fight tonight Kos wasn't doing enough and they should have been reset

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Then thirty seconds if the action doesn't progress as desired they should throw them knifes?

I bet you love arena football, they don't have that pesky running game.
its a combat sport, not a hugging match...

·
DJ Lance Rock
299 Posts
I love all aspects of MMA except the part when you can literally take someone down, sit on them for 5 mins, inflict zero damage and manage to win.

if you cant hold and hug your opponent for 5 mins while standing, why should you be able to do it on the ground? its BS.
I know Kos is not the most likable fighter's, but I remember quite a few submission attempts.

When the Ref threatened to stand the fight up when Kos had his back it a hook in, I was truly scared for the sport.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
What, that is ludicrous, If the striker doesn't swing for 5 seconds should he have to lie on his back?

·
Registered
925 Posts

While I think Kos has some of the best double leg take downs in MMA he isn’t exactly known for doing much once he lands in someone’s guard.

On the other hand Daly didn’t exactly throw up any submissions to mention, the combination of the two makes for a very dull fight.

If they stood the fight up multiple times Daly would have just been taken down more times, the end would have been the same.

If you want to be an MMA star you better work on your wrestling and TDD.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah I agree. Koscheck basically layed there and did nothing for 4 straight minutes in the same half guard position without transitioning or doing any damage at one point. It's a disgrace to the sport. Bring back the yellow card ffs.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.