Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
No doubt it's a soap opera. Even Vince Macmahon has said there's a script. It's ok sometimes, but they need to get newer talent. My wife and I used to watch it, but we haven't watched much at all since Spike put UFC on at the same time as Raw.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend whos a die hard WWE fanatic, i can watch about 10 minutes and i have to switch it, its as bad as the Maury Povich show.
He on the other hand, can watch it beginning to end :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly I've been a wrestling fan all my life and after about 2 years of watching UFC mostly due to Spike. I'd watch a UFC PPV over WWE any day. I do though enjoy NWA TNA wrestling, a lot more wrestling oriented. The WWE really is a farce, you have to be an idiot to actually follow most of their storylines, which as sad as it is to say, most wrestling fan are.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ice Cold said:
Honestly I've been a wrestling fan all my life and after about 2 years of watching UFC mostly due to Spike. I'd watch a UFC PPV over WWE any day. I do though enjoy NWA TNA wrestling, a lot more wrestling oriented. The WWE really is a farce, you have to be an idiot to actually follow most of their storylines, which as sad as it is to say, most wrestling fan are.
Fan for all your life, are you sure you haven’t been institutionalized :dunno: :laugh:

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
I've watched wrestling since I was 5 and I still do. I have only been watching UFC and other MMA's for about a year. I would rather watch MMA over WWE, much more action and not a lot of talk. TNA is even better than the WWE.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I respect the athletes. They are in amazing shape. Iron man matches are an hour long. Sure it's fake they admit it read any one of their books. But some of the moves still hurt they still fight with injury's and they are on the road 365 days a year. Like it or not you have to respect the work ethic. Just stay up one more hour on thurs after ultimate fighter and watch TNA. They talk to much but the action is pretty good.

·
Banned
263 Posts
I have trouble following the new story lines...

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Sometimes they start new storylines but them something will happen and they go in a different direction. Right now a lot of them are injured so the shows are sub par at best.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Its called World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT for a reason and while the story lines are heavily scripted the matches are not, yea there is some scripting to them such as the winner, but the action is made up as they go along with some exceptions for sake of story lines and yes I am big fan have been always will be but the WWE is slacking lately it is true. But it is mostly fake Its best if you do not try to compare "professional" wrestling to martial arts, Greco-Roman wrestling is alot closer to martial arts then WWE style wrestling will ever be

·
Always Has Been, Always Will Be...
6,847 Posts
Back in the day.

Now WWE, WWF used to be entertaining as hell. Wayyy back when there was "DX" and "The Ministry" and "The Corperation" The storylines were interesting. But now it's much to boring. Haha.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts