1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Well this is the kind of thing that happens with companies that don't ever turn a profit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude thats gotta speak volume on how bad the situation is if they cant even take care of one of their champs though

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
damn..

cant even pay one of their top guys

Reactions: HitOrGetHit

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Damn...

Didn't DREAM receive some kind of financial input? How does a company this big with TV deals all over the world make red numbers anyway? I sure hope they can stick around for a bit. I wouldn't wanna miss seeing their guys fight. I doubt Sengoku would step up if DREAM went obsolete...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^
they did just get an influx of cash from some new investment group a few weeks ago and making crazy statements like they were going to take over the mma world

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
WTH!? how can you expect the guy to defend his title when you havent paid him for his last fight? this makes no sense, Sengoku as far as i can tell pays thier guys so why cant dream get thier act together?

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
WTH!? how can you expect the guy to defend his title when you havent paid him for his last fight? this makes no sense, Sengoku as far as i can tell pays thier guys so why cant dream get thier act together?
Probably for the same reasons that made Pride go under.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres a follow up article that says that the big invsetment money that they were supposed to get still hasnt came
http://www.cagepotato.com/dream-trouble

hope they get there stuff together or they might be going under very soon

·
Registered
153 Posts
So are the Yakuza not raking in enough flow to keep this organization above water? or was that just a Pride FC thing?

I mean no offense to anyone by that question. Although I never watch Dream I'd still hate to see it go in the toilet like Pride did.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
Dream has financial problems and has for a long time. MMA is unfortunately not the moneymaker in economically depressed Japan that it used to be. He's far from the first, I know Nick Diaz complained about the same thing last year. They do seem to pay their bills, but they have been late a lot and that suggests they are running on fumes.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
This is the worse sign of financial stress from an org.

Alot of fighters will be turned off by it.

I'd consider DREAM on red alert...

·
Registered
977 Posts
I remember Zelg Benkei Galesic also saying he did not get his pay for the Sakuraba fight.. Only his Leg broken in three places ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts