Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His anti mayhen reaction was excessive to say the least. If i didnt see what happened i would have thought mayhem re-opened Auschwitz (sp) or something.

Heres Gus Johnsson and 'the legend:confused02:' trying to put the focus back on the card and he forces the topic back onto the brawl. Its the single most hillarious thing i have ever seen. Gus Johnson was there talking to shields after the brawl with shields back to renallo and renallo was rubbing his shoulder like shields was a **** victim or something:D man was pacing up and down....did he not see the bit where mayhen got sucker punched and jumped just for asking for a rematch in a tonge n cheek manner.

Dude looked like he was about to cry! I mean WTF...
'if could could just say about what took place there...theres a time and place for everything and for mayhem miller to do what he did to jake shields is disgusting' WTF????????

'

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
well, the headphone in his left ear would be my first guess!

not his fault as a person, but it was VERY misleading to the casual fans, and annoying for us to watch.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

not his fault as a person, but it was VERY misleading to the casual fans, and annoying for us to watch.
what you mean? misleading?

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
misleading, by condemning Mayhem alone in front of the TV audience.

And I'm just saying, he has someone telling him what to say in his ear, so it isn't him as a person that is frustrating, I liked him in Pride.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Mauro is ten times the announcer that the other two are, but sometimes his being overly dramatic just for the hell of it annoys me. Only Bas and Joe can pull that style off. Goldberg and Mauro just sound like tits.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Mauro's voice and mannerisms are kind of weird. I think there might be something wrong with him. :confused03:

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
"Yo yo yo and away we go." ..... :sarcastic12:

·
Registered
603 Posts

Just on a lighter note for anyone from U.k, just noticed that Mauro reminds me of a gro2wn up version of Ben from Eastenders,lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
His anti mayhen reaction was excessive to say the least. If i didnt see what happened i would have thought mayhem re-opened Auschwitz (sp) or something.

Heres Gus Johnsson and 'the legend:confused02:' trying to put the focus back on the card and he forces the topic back onto the brawl. Its the single most hillarious thing i have ever seen. Gus Johnson was there talking to shields after the brawl with shields back to renallo and renallo was rubbing his shoulder like shields was a **** victim or something:D man was pacing up and down....did he not see the bit where mayhen got sucker punched and jumped just for asking for a rematch in a tonge n cheek manner.

Dude looked like he was about to cry! I mean WTF...
'if could could just say about what took place there...theres a time and place for everything and for mayhem miller to do what he did to jake shields is disgusting' WTF????????

'
Miller might have been a bit silly, and could have maybe waited til post fight interview, but 5 guys jumping one isn't disgusting, **** yor Mauro Retardo.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just on a lighter note for anyone from U.k, just noticed that Mauro reminds me of a gro2wn up version of Ben from Eastenders,lol.
roflmaop muhahahahahahhaahhahah ahahhaha

good shit!

Dude looks like he wants to fight mayhem himself...has he got a man crush on shields or something???

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sherdog.com
Is Ranallo in the wrong business?

I begrudge no one a living, but Ranallo’s filed teeth can grow tiresome. When Aoki was finding himself utterly and inexorably lost against Melendez, Ranallo was imploring him to do something. But by that time, Aoki had seen virtually every shot of his stuffed and his striking rendered completely ineffective. What, exactly, is Aoki supposed to do?

Later, Ranallo idled in the margins of the screen as play-by-play man Gus Johnson tried to wring an explanation from Jake Shields on the Team Gracie melee, stroking Shields’ arm in an apparent attempt to muscle him out of the frame. If Johnson is leading the interview, why would Shields -- or Ranallo -- be the one to break off the conversation?

More than anything, Ranallo makes the viewer too aware of his presence. Good commentating is commentating you don’t notice.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
lol @ experts thinking Mauro is speaking from the heart.

Have any of you heard him actually speak using his own words and not from a prompter, or through an earpiece? Likely not, because that's what the guy is doing 99% of the time we see him on TV.

I have no affinity for Mauro anymore, I used to like him in PRIDE, and sometimes on the FIGHT network, but even I have had enough of his voice. I just wish that people would realise in this situation especially, he was so obviously listening to instruction through his left ear.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Its pretty funny how he was so disgusted at Mayhem for stealing Jake Sheilds' thunder, but there he was trying to creep into his interview just so he could speak his piece about what happened. Hypocrite.

Can't stand fake/real moral media outrage.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
Yeah, what Miller did was disrespectful, to say the least, but the response from Shields' camp was far from proportionate.

And why was Shields apologizing, anyway? What about the Diazes and Melendez?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Anyone have video of this (the post scuffle interview)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts