Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wuz up guys ... well im a former marine and vet of the iraq war , in the marines we did a lot of mixed martial arts training but just enough to get my ass kicked by real MMA fighters. well im really interested in the MMA scene and i want to learn more . i live in orlando, fl and was wondering if you guys knew any gyms in my area.well thanx guys , and semper-fi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Hello, nice to see a war veteran on this site serving the country. God bless you. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm a moderator for the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanx for the support and it was a damm honor to serve my country , even though i wasnt born her this is still my country. but the only help i seek is finding a good gym in orlando , fl .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
scarface007 said:
hey guys thanx for the support and it was a damm honor to serve my country , even though i wasnt born her this is still my country. but the only help i seek is finding a good gym in orlando , fl .
Yeah I'm from Canada and three years later one of my friends will join the American army.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats cool man congrats ! its always good to join the military you only learn stuff that can benefit you, you just have to worry about getting killed . but if you tarin hard and dont take your finger of the trigger it wont happene:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Hey bro...just want the opportunity to say thank you for serving our country. My dad just came off of active duty in January of this year - 20 months of active duty - only to find out he has pancreatic cancer. So now, at 61 years old and after serving 42 years as fulltime National Guard, he has a different fight on his hands. All I can say is thank God for the military medical benefits he now has with retirement! The docs say he has had the cancer for over 10 years and didn't know it b/c he was in such good shape.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,989 Posts
What's up bud...glad you joined here. It's only the best MMA forum today! :thumbsup:

I want to personally say "thank you" for everything you did while serving our great country. Everyone here GREATLY appreciates it...especially me. I lost one of my best friends from high school in The Battle Of Falluga (sp?), so I've felt first hand what it's like to lose someone because of their service. So, I'm glad you are alright.

Lastly, welcome. Have fun and ask questions at anytime. If you need anything from me, just PM me and I'll see what I can do. Now get to posting!

Take care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roverX said:
Hey bro...just want the opportunity to say thank you for serving our country. My dad just came off of active duty in January of this year - 20 months of active duty - only to find out he has pancreatic cancer. So now, at 61 years old and after serving 42 years as fulltime National Guard, he has a different fight on his hands. All I can say is thank God for the military medical benefits he now has with retirement! The docs say he has had the cancer for over 10 years and didn't know it b/c he was in such good shape.
first of all my condolences to your father and family . also i will have him in my prayers and i wish him the best , im sure he'll be fine cuz he's a fighter.2nd i would like to thank him for providing me with a free country to live in , i came from a 3rd world country filled with violence, death , and starvation.the u.s.a has provided me with a 2nd chance so i decided to pay it back .i love this country and willing to die for it any time .so thank you for all your support and i wish your family the best .

semper-fi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TREY B. said:
What's up bud...glad you joined here. It's only the best MMA forum today! :thumbsup:

I want to personally say "thank you" for everything you did while serving our great country. Everyone here GREATLY appreciates it...especially me. I lost one of my best friends from high school in The Battle Of Falluga (sp?), so I've felt first hand what it's like to lose someone because of their service. So, I'm glad you are alright.

Lastly, welcome. Have fun and ask questions at anytime. If you need anything from me, just PM me and I'll see what I can do. Now get to posting!

Take care.
thanx for all your support . and i wanted to tell you that i too know how it feels i lost 3 of my buddies in my battalion ( 2nd tank battalion USMC ) in iraq .i apreciate all your support and it was an honnor to risk my life for this great nation , a nation that is free and great and also gives to others as unfortinate as iraq, somalia, ect the list goes on .this is a great nation and every one here knows it :thumbsup:

semper-fi
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,989 Posts
scarface007 said:
thanx for all your support . and i wanted to tell you that i too know how it feels i lost 3 of my buddies in my battalion ( 2nd tank battalion USMC ) in iraq .i apreciate all your support and it was an honor to risk my life for this great nation , a nation that is free and great and also gives to others as unfortinate as iraq, somalia, ect the list goes on .this is a great nation and every one here knows it :thumbsup:

semper-fi
Amen bud.

:thumbsup:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top