Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bisping.... i try and try. but i cant stomach this guy. the more i hear and see him the more i cant take it. i hope dan miller beats his teeth in. sorry for the rant . i know its been talked about b4. :sarcastic12::sarcastic12:

·
Registered
750 Posts
lol same, he's already calling out Anderson Silva, I'm like dude atleast win your last fight before you even mention his name.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Maybe its because of his weird British accent? He hasnt said a bad word against Miller in any of this pre fight hype, yet people still find a reason to hate the guy. Where the hell did he call out Anderson Silva?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Maybe its because of his weird British accent? He hasnt said a bad word against Miller in any of this pre fight hype, yet people still find a reason to hate the guy. Where the hell did he call out Anderson Silva?
Perhaps you should ask a little nicely next time instead of assuming it's incorrect here's the link http://mmahits.com/organizations/uf...with-me-hed-get-a-toe-punt-right-on-the-chin/

There's more then enough reasons to hate him and he continues to provide.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Perhaps you should ask a little nicely next time instead of assuming it's incorrect here's the link http://mmahits.com/organizations/uf...with-me-hed-get-a-toe-punt-right-on-the-chin/

There's more then enough reasons to hate him and he continues to provide.
Oh jesus, typical over exaggeration from internet forumers. Its not like he called out silva to fight him tomorrow. Ive seen the full video interview of that link you provided. He said he hopes to fight anderson silva at some point in his career, isnt this obviously what he should be aiming for? Obviously his long term goal is to be fighting for a championship belt, isnt this the same for every fighter out there?

Anonymous neg rep with the message; USA!, lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can't stand him because he is overrated and arrogant. If big mouths and disrespect won fights he'd be champ.

He did his job though, he was the face of the growth in the UK. He was marketed as a hero and the next big thing and fans bit. Dana gave him cake fights to fluff the hype and when the ratings poured in and the project was deemed a success it was time to start giving Bisping real fights.

Fights he lost.

I get why Bisping was shoved down our throats. But I can't stand him because of it. That and he's a dick.

·
Registered
138 Posts
everybody hates bisping since TUF 9. He wasn't a jerk, he represented his country and for fighters that mentality of "team" is very important. His team and him felt like they were in enemy teritory and acted like it. And the thing to say that he's overated, I agree. But, every TUF winner is. And UFC pushes TUF winners. That's how it is, perhaps they get one or two tough fights here an then, but that's it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I dont know, I guess it started with Dan henderson.

I never disliked the guy, I even started liking him because everyone was bashing him for beeing ignorant and cocky with fight vs Silva, but in reality Silva was the one beeing jackass and trashtalker.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
If it was anyone else... Anyone at all.. I would have a decent post...

But bisping?

I hope this **** sucking piece of **** get ******* owned by miller, I hate him, I despise him immensely.

·
Registered
145 Posts
everybody hates bisping since TUF 9. He wasn't a jerk, he represented his country and for fighters that mentality of "team" is very important. His team and him felt like they were in enemy teritory and acted like it. And the thing to say that he's overated, I agree. But, every TUF winner is. And UFC pushes TUF winners. That's how it is, perhaps they get one or two tough fights here an then, but that's it.
Dude he was a coach and he squirted water on a fighter on the other team. He was classless and disrespectful.

I also don't agree with your blanket statement that all the TUF fighters are overrated.

Forrest Griffen, sure he's not as great as his following suggests but he won the belt.

Other non overrated TUF fighters.

Diego Sanchez
Josh Koschek
Kenny Florian
Rashad Evans
Roy Nelson
Nate Diaz

Efrain and Amir seem to be ready to break out. Same for Bader.

There are some duds as well but most of the winners are good fighters and have even gone on to become champion at one point.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I dislike him deep inside, but a lot of that went away when he got KO'd by Hendo, and then dropped a few times by Wandy. I haven't heard him say anything even slightly rude to Miller. He seems pretty confident from what I've seen, and he looks like he will let his actions speak for him. Maybe he will be the first guy to finish Dan Miller..... maybe.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I've wrote essays about why Bisping is disliked before, but here's another...

He come off like a bit of a prat again at the press conference, and even realised and said so himself. He has such a high opinion of his career and his wins, stating he has beat 'loads' of black belts and smashed their faces in. He doesn't know how to talk himself up without rubbing people up the wrong way. I don't really dislike the guy I just don't think he's one bit likable. Not funny, not sincere and often claiming he's much better than he is and done more than he has.

When he actually beats some good fighters it might not be so stupid when he says stuff along the lines of 'ive beat loads of black belts before'. What black belts is he talking about? Denis Kang? Great, he's no way near the top of the MW division and is Bisping's only notable win. When you hear fighters saying they're gona knock their opponent out, they usually can and have some good wins on their record. Bisping is mid tier, can't beat a top MW and still somehow decides he's going to talk like he's Chuck Liddell in his prime.

There comes a time when the talkers in the sport have to back their mouth up, and Bisping never has and imo, never will. That makes him annoyingly arrogant, because he just talks, tries to look like mr. mean and never delivers when it matters.

Add to that the disrespectful stunts he's pulled before, you have yourself one disliked fighter. And there's always an excuse; heat of the moment, everyone makes mistakes etc but he's a grown man who at too many times has acted like a prat and annoyed people. He tries to keep it toned down these days but it's a bit too obvious, and signs of his true character still shine through on occasion.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
Maybe its because of his weird British accent?
nay sir, the british accent is awesome. zed instead of Z, I love it. british chicks sound massively hot. and i like daley, hardy, pointon, winner and kelly.

In fact bisping is the only british fighter i dont like. But goddamn that bisping.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
There is something about Tito Ortiz and Bisping that i cannot stand...

For Tito i think its his pathetic excuses.... And Bisping talks so much shit and thinks he is so great even after he gets owned....

Just remembering the things he said on TUF about how he is probably underestimating him massively but still said there was zero chance, and he hasn't even beating anyone good...

And Dan Hendo JUST got done beating Rich Franklin a guy that would wipe the floor with Bisping, and he is saying he was to old and slow?...

It took way to many ass whoopings for him to show no more public Smack talk lol

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
nay sir, the british accent is awesome. zed instead of Z, I love it. british chicks sound massively hot. and i like daley, hardy, pointon, winner and kelly.

In fact bisping is the only british fighter i dont like. But goddamn that bisping.
Everybody is so over whether or not a fighter has an accent. That's what subtitles and our super awesome listening skills are for.

I must be one of the few people who doesn't have a strong opinion regarding Bisping.

I wholeheartedly agree that English chicks sound hot. L&M knew someone who was in love with the female English voice that he'd gotten for his GPS or something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dude he was a coach and he squirted water on a fighter on the other team. He was classless and disrespectful.

I also don't agree with your blanket statement that all the TUF fighters are overrated.

Forrest Griffen, sure he's not as great as his following suggests but he won the belt.

Other non overrated TUF fighters.

Diego Sanchez
Josh Koschek
Kenny Florian
Rashad Evans
Roy Nelson
Nate Diaz

Efrain and Amir seem to be ready to break out. Same for Bader.

There are some duds as well but most of the winners are good fighters and have even gone on to become champion at one point.
Oh, sorry I forgot about water squirting, that was a bitch move.
I didn't say all TUF fighters are overrated, I said only winners are and perhaps I was mistaken there. But you must agree TUF winners get couple of easy fights out of the house. And even few of the guys you mentioned are not so good and I don't think they're top 5 or some even top 10 of their division.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
He's definately not as bad as people make out. Here's his latest interview:

It seems to me that people love to just nit pick at every little thing Bisping says and crucify him for it. Honestly, i think some guys on here thinks hes pure evil or some thing.

I think Bisping has lots of confidence in himself, and that confidence some times comes across as cockyness. He some times rambles on a bit about himself when he should just stop maybe, but i dont think he is arrogant and disrespectufl towards other fighters.

Ive said it time and time and time again, he had nothing but the up most respect for Dan Henderson, he mde a few jokes here and there, but it was a bit of banter, he clearly respect Henderson. Same with Wanderlei, it was clear he had mad respect for him.

I dont know hiro how you can say he isnt funny, he comes out with some cracking lines at times tbh. Instead of just watching the count down shows and what not, i follow most of mikes blogs and other interviews and stuff on the net. He is a funny, down to earth guy and means no disrespect to his opponents. Yea he fucked up with hamill post fight, that was a long time ago, its water under the bridge. He squirted water in Demarcus face, i love how everyone just completely ignores that Demarcus was the biggest prick on the show, yet everyone crucifies bisping for squirting a little water. Not condoning what he did, he was wrong and apologised for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts