Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Tito but i was just woundering y every1 else likes him.so tell me...
& if u dont liek him tell us y anyway:)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
holla-well said:
I like Tito but i was just woundering y every1 else likes him.so tell me...
& if u dont liek him tell us y anyway:)
I don't. I respect his skills and work ethic just not his attitude.. in a sport like this respect for an opponent no matter how much you like or dislike them is important.. THe whole T shirt incident comes to mind and as far as I know he never apologiged for it..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Don said:
I don't. I respect his skills and work ethic just not his attitude.. in a sport like this respect for an opponent no matter how much you like or dislike them is important.. THe whole T shirt incident comes to mind and as far as I know he never apologiged for it..

hes not supposed to apologise. its a thing he does after a win. its his way of celebrating, u know?

·
Registered
157 Posts
holla-well said:
hes not supposed to apologise. its a thing he does after a win. its his way of celebrating, u know?
well the t-shirt thing is a bit weird but everybody has something that u dont like about them.
i liked tito cos he turned out to be the best coach and put his whole heart into to training his guys, it seemed genuine to me, and kinda because he took matt hamill under his wing, he's empathetic in a way

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always liked tito his dedication to his profesion is awsome, but when I seen him coach on The Ultimate Fighter I respected him as a person in my opinion he is "The Peolpes Champ"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey im new on this site.

Tito does alot of. disrespectful things to other fighters, most of the time not because he hates them, but because he knows that the audience likes it. and its his way of getting under his opponents skin. make them mad make them do something stupid and throw the fight. like with ken shamrock.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
UFcMAn said:
Hey im new on this site.

Tito does alot of. disrespectful things to other fighters, most of the time not because he hates them, but because he knows that the audience likes it. and its his way of getting under his opponents skin. make them mad make them do something stupid and throw the fight. like with ken shamrock.
there is a difference between trash talking before a fight// it can help both fighters plus it is part of the mental game.. after the fight is over you should at least show your opponent some respect.. espically if you win. you can be proud of your victory.. but you should also remain humble.. thats what makes a great champion... as opposed to a chump

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
The Don said:
The t-shirt thing happened tons. I beat gay mezgerGuy mezger), bring back our troops (vitor), Australian for whoop ass (sinosec), I killed keeny (shamrock), I murdered the axe murderer (wand) and so on. These are disrespectful and rude. Did randy where i just spanked your ass. Or chuck wear you got knocked the [email protected]#* out. No just tito.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
moldy said:
The t-shirt thing happened tons. I beat gay mezgerGuy mezger), bring back our troops (vitor), Australian for whoop ass (sinosec), I killed keeny (shamrock), I murdered the axe murderer (wand) and so on. These are disrespectful and rude. Did randy where i just spanked your ass. Or chuck wear you got knocked the [email protected]#* out. No just tito.
I want to see someone own tito and make a shirt about him.. I bet He would whine and complain about it like the punk _ _ _ _ _ he is

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I have a suggestion for Chuck Liddell.

"I spanked the 'Bad Boy'"

To be honest, if Tito did that to me I'd kick him in the balls. F*** the rules. Tito's an enigmatic guy and I don't have a problem with that, but some of his stuff is a little bit rude.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
IronMan said:

To be honest, if Tito did that to me I'd kick him in the balls. F*** the rules. Tito's an enigmatic guy and I don't have a problem with that, but some of his stuff is a little bit rude.
He'll I'd pay to have the shirt printed if chuck would wear it.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
I actually love him now....in a manly way of course.....He is a great fighter and I like spanish people. Along with I liked his cocky attitude and trash talking skills even though he may have matured a little bit now.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
He won't mature in that way because it works. He has that ability to think quickly on his feet as far as what to say, and how to react, and the t-shirts are genius in my opinion.

I am a Tito fan NOW but I used to find him irritating because I never saw a glimpse of the man behind the attitude. We've seen that now, we know he's not an idiot but rather a dedicated peofessional who just happens to have ingenious ways of getting a rise out of each and every opponent he fights. The grave digging never bothered me, the shirts never did, he is one of the most notorious and marketable assets the UFC has.

That is what he has done for the most part all by himself. Clever when you think about it.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
IronMan said:

But randy spanked tito not chuck.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Oh, they all want to spank tito.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tito's a nice guy.
I met him and had a drink with him and he's just a cool guy like one of my friends.
I was telling him how I followed his career ever since he started.

·
Banned
495 Posts
The Don said:
His attitude is just fine he's a smart guy."Guy" was showing him no respect and trash talking before the fight,So Tito gave him something back not to say that was awhile back.

I like him because he's exciting in the cage and has a good fun attitude.
Ironman Chuck didn't spank Tito lol your letting your mind get the best of you haha J/k but i think Randy was getting excited while spanking Tito i dunno..

·
Registered
2 Posts
down4thecount said:
I am NOT a fan of Tito Ortiz.
But teampunishment.50 is 100% correct!!!
Tito is one of the most recognizable figures in the sport of mma because of how HE promoted HIMSELF!!!
He is a marketing genius!!!
Zuffa owes MUCH of their success to Tito.
It was his actions that put the UFC on the map.
Prior to Zuffa owning the UFC it was ran by SEG and the sport almost got banned.
What kept it going was the owners of Zuffa latching on to a very charasmatic Tito Ortiz.
That is why the UFC is what it is today!
Unfortunately, you're an idiot. Do you know anything about the origin of the UFC? Did you watch the UFC when it began? As you have probably realized since your original idiotic post, Royce Gracie helped make the UFC what it is today. He dominated when other fighters thought they could win based on brute force. After Royce, other fighters continued to keep the UFC legacy going. Don Frye, David Abbott (Although he wasn't that great, he entertained), Ken Shamrock, Pedro Rizzo, Vitor Belfort, Kimo, Dan Severn, Gary Goodrich, Mark Coleman, Randy Courture, Chuck Liddell, etc. Now, who have I failed to mention? Well, Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz. I'd be stupid if I didn't give credit to these guys. Matt Hughes is ****ing incredible... I mean he proved that the UFC has moved on since Royce. He also gave credit to Royce for starting what created him. What about Tito? He is also an amazing fighter. He has messed up many great fighters. He has continually proved that he deserves the affection of UFC fans. What you also need to realize is that he has been dominated by Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell. So, to end my long ass response, Tito Ortiz has definitely helped the popularity of the UFC, he's not the reason it exists!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts