Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im not sure if anyone else gets upset but you know what really grinds my gears, having to watch commercials or trailers on a PPV card I paid $60 for.

Like how many times do I hae to hear the words Harley Davidson, some beer company, watch movie trailers and all the other product placement. I thought the point of paying freaking $60 is to avoid all these commercials.

And dont get me wrong, hearing the Harley Davidson sponsor thing isnt that bad but recently there seems to be so many commercials and trailers that it really pisses me off to see all of that and still see the PPV price go up.

Am I the only one that gets upset at something from the PPV telecast?

·
Registered
169 Posts
i was just thinking about this yesterday. i watched a fight video of a main event and bruce went through like 3 loooong sponsor things. like crank 2 and a description, some beer brand and description, then harley-davidson and description, it was ridiculous.

·
Banned
820 Posts
It dosen't really bother me. Its not like anything is happening so nothing is being missed.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Alright im not sure if anyone else gets upset but you know what really grinds my gears, having to watch commercials or trailers on a PPV card I paid $60 for.

Like how many times do I hae to hear the words Harley Davidson, some beer company, watch movie trailers and all the other product placement. I thought the point of paying freaking $60 is to avoid all these commercials.

And dont get me wrong, hearing the Harley Davidson sponsor thing isnt that bad but recently there seems to be so many commercials and trailers that it really pisses me off to see all of that and still see the PPV price go up.

The $60 dollars you pay is just extra revenue for them. Doesn't even come close to the ad money.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts

Ok + rep coming your way for the family guy reference

yeah I see it as commercials at the theater, they always annoy me, I do like it that there are not many of them but the ones they do have annoy me to no end

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Yes I know what you're saying, I guess it's an age thing. If you are 30 and above you know what the OP is talking about lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Doesn't bother me in the least. I always watch UFC events at home with like 4-5 buds, and we use the time to talk about a fight we just saw or some other fight earlier in the evening that was awesome. I hate to talk all that much during actual fights, so it gives a good opportunity to talk between fights.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
The trailers are part of the show.
It sets the enviroment for the fights and gives the client a chance to get to know the fighters a litle better (those that haven´t watched the previews or the countdown).

As for the commercials, yes it´s anoying having to see then since you´re paying 60$, but at the end it´s all a business so they have to make it the more profitable possible.

·
Banned
670 Posts
totally agree, thats why I won't pay for them or go to movies much anymore. Cable TV was made to be commercial free cause it was pay-per-view per se and now it has shows that are just hour long commercials. Things just dont seem to get better for fans, too bad we can't start a fan's union that would be the only way us consumers could have any say, they will be adding more commercials soon, just bought gas and had to listen to a commercial at the pump - arrggghhhh.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The trailers are part of the show.
It sets the enviroment for the fights and gives the client a chance to get to know the fighters a litle better (those that haven´t watched the previews or the countdown).

As for the commercials, yes it´s anoying having to see then since you´re paying 60$, but at the end it´s all a business so they have to make it the more profitable possible.
Trailers as in video game trailers or movie trailers. I do enjoy the hype video and hearing the comments they make

·
Registered
154 Posts
that's why i go out somewhere to watch the ppv's for free. it doesn't matter if they show commercials or if the fight card is bad b/c it was still free. plus, you can buy food and drinks and still come out cheaper than if you were to buy the fight at home.

·
Registered
102 Posts

I canot believe this is a thread. Why do I get the feeling you are complaining for the sake of complaining?

Two words: Business Model. Welcome to it.

I bet you loved the (almost) ad free early UFC's. Oh wait - I bet you didn't even watch them back then. I have a sneaky suspicion you got ito MMA and the UFC in the last 10 years, after Dana and the boys bought it -and after those 'greedy' business tycoons turned it into what it is today. Damn them!

Incase you weren't aware, in order for a business to grow, you need to turn profit. PPV's are only part of it - without sponsors and ads, you would not be able to afford to watch the UFC.

Find something better to complain about - like the cup size of some of the ring girls.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
I canot believe this is a thread. Why do I get the feeling you are complaining for the sake of complaining?

Two words: Business Model. Welcome to it.

I bet you loved the (almost) ad free early UFC's. Oh wait - I bet you didn't even watch them back then. I have a sneaky suspicion you got ito MMA and the UFC in the last 10 years, after Dana and the boys bought it -and after those 'greedy' business tycoons turned it into what it is today. Damn them!

Incase you weren't aware, in order for a business to grow, you need to turn profit. PPV's are only part of it - without sponsors and ads, you would not be able to afford to watch the UFC.

Find something better to complain about - like the cup size of some of the ring girls.
what does the length of how long someone has watched mma have anything to do with if they like advertisements on PPV's :confused02:

I dislike Advertisements on PPV's like I said earlier and think it sucks that they do full advertisements on ppv's and have goldie go man that was a great leg kick or crap he is going for..and that brings me to this movie that is sponsoring the fights go see it such and such a date.

Does the advertisement give the UFC and other MMA orgs more money to have them on PPV's yes but so does allot of crap and alot of other crap that they are not doing could too,
they get money from the million and a half logo's, they get money from commercials when they are on regular tv, ufc toys and cards ...continue with a million other things, toning down or taking off Commercials and over advertisements on PPV's would not break their bank and might actually please allot of fans that dislike them on there, and the ones that dont mind advertisements on the ppv's are sure not going to complain that damn there was no commercials on that PPV I payed 60 bucks for,

Just because someone may not like something that you dont mind or they have a different view on a subject matter you should not call into count that you dont think they are a real fan or have not been a fan sense back in the day lol...they just have a difference of opinion

but ... I guess sense I dont like blatant and over the top advertisements on ppv's that must mean I am not a real fan and/or just started watching MMA... dang it all, you got me

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.