Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No, he knows better.

Votes: 10 32.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kinda bored with all the hot fedor threads and thought I'd try my first poll.

It is my opinion that the whole time James Toney stalked Dana White and called out the ufc he had one opponent in mind. Kimbo Slice. With Kimbo gone and a fight with Randy looming James has had time to train a little and get a better idea of what he's gotten himself in to. I think he's looking for a way out. I think something will come up be it injury, boxing match, religious experience I don't know but, I don't think he'll fight in the octagon.

tell me what you think and give that russian guy and the lady ref a break.

·
I Finish Threads
9,061 Posts
at this point I believe a contract is signed, so he almost certainly will fight at some point. last I heard he had not signed a bout agreement though so who he fights and when is still up in the air. there arent a lot of guys that make more sense to match him up with than randy though imo. Maybe chuck or Tito. with his price tag they need to throw him in with someone who has big draw, and the famous HW's (mir, brock, right now) it just wouldn't be a competitive match.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I think he really needs the money.

He will fight in the octagon and get subbed easily.

But I've been wrong a lot as of late, isnt that right Rampage and Fedor.......

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Toney would not be in the UFC if he think he can't win. TOney seems serious about MMA but people think he is another kimbo slice which is not the case. I'm going to be the first to say I am on the Toney bandwagon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry I dont know anything about boxing, except that Ali was the shitz. BUT is James Toney considered a HOF boxer with a respectable reputation? If he is, idk why he would put himself in a situation that's almost guaranteed humiliation. If he's lucky Randy will sub him quick in the 1st round. Then he can pull an MJ and run back to the sport he was good at and dominate to hide away this soon coming embarrasment. Sometimes ego is a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
AFAIK, Toney has never ducked someone, ever.

IIRC, the Klitschko "sisters" are ducking Toney because they're afraid of him.

He won't duck Couture. He doesn't know how!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why even give Toney a wrestler. Throw Toney a high like striker, sign a high level K-1 fighter to a 1 fight deal and watch him make Toney's legs buckle.

A prime Roy Jones Jr. has the fluid fighting and the low stance to dominate in high level kick boxing and is automatically a good base to stop take-downs.

If Roy's chin wasn't glass right now I'd rather see him fight in MMA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts