Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a chance that Jones could be the youngest champ in UFC history or will a loss in his next bout stop the chances. Or maybe Dana doesn't give him an opportunity to fight for the belt before he hits his 24th b-day (July 19th). Keep in mind he has not sustained any damage in his most recent fights. So he should be ready for a quick return against TOP Tier competition.

- Josh Barnett was 24 years old when he won the Heavyweight Title

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Vitor was 19. That was quite an accomplishment, but the fighters/sport has evolved since that time. I'm talking about for a belt.
For the record: I am a huge Vitor fan

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
i believe frank shamrock was 23 when he became the middle weight (now light heavy weight) champ.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
i believe frank shamrock was 23 when he became the middle weight (now light heavy weight) champ.
He was born in 1972 december. Won that title in 1997 december.
So 25 yrs old. (just did a search on wikipedia - i was curious). Still a great achievement.

Jones has a chance to be champ at the age of 24. But the UFC needs to give him that shot.
And regarding Vitor's achievement - never again will that happen.

·
Registered
750 Posts
how old was josh barnett when he won the belt?
How ever you could argue jon jones may eventually be the youngest champ since mma has evolved
That is bs, they could say mma evolved ten years from now would that make the ppl who have titles now not count?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts