Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is you most memorable insult INSIDE the octagon, DURING a fight. For me, hands down, is Randy Coture spanking Tito Ortiz. But there must be many more so please remind us.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah that was hilarious Tito deserved it tho always tryin to talk smack another good one was when Nick Diaz taunted Ruthless Robbie and backed it up by knocking robbie out

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Tito getting spanked was pretty good! I don't think anything could top that!

·
Registered
877 Posts
haha, the only I can think of right now is in pride when Skauraba pulled down Royce gracies pants.., hilarious:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
See not vary many MMA fans actually take the time to learn that much about Tito. Before he fought both Jerry Bolander and Guy Mezger they both talked a lot of shit about him but nobody ever talks about that, just about how Tito talked shit about them even though they started it. Tito took the Guy Mezger fight on like 2 weeks or a months notice and Guy talked about how Tito is a boy in a mans game and all this and that. So for me it was Tito giving the one finger salute to the Lions den after beating Guy. That was in the early days of the UFC and MMA is really trying to get national attention so I would not want to see that sort of thing happen now. Randy talked shit and then backed it up so spanking Tito was ok with me.

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
I haven't heard much about any one else in the Lion's Den in a long time including Guy Mezger. Anyone know whats up with these guys?

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3DLee said:
I haven't heard much about any one else in the Lion's Den in a long time including Guy Mezger. Anyone know whats up with these guys?
Lions den was a decent camp about 6 years ago. That fighting style just gets more and more useless the more the UFC diversifies. As far as I know, there were really only 3 decent fighters that came out of that camp to begin with - Shamrock - Mezger - and Pete what's his face. All 3 were well known in there time, but short lived. Ken's been around a long time, but in terms of the UFC itself, he hasn't spent THAT much time in it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
At UFC 46 during the show, Tito and Chuck stepped inside the octagon and Tito started insulting Chuck and said "snowman", "fat", then Liddell was so pissed he nearly tackled Ortiz his face was so red.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Definitely when Wanderlei Silva walked into a UFC ring (after Dana announced that a "Good Friend of His" was in the house) wearing a PRIDE shirt and told Chuck that he accepted his challenge. Chuck walked into the ring and Wanderlei dropped the mike and walked up to him and gave him his trademark staredown, and then proceeded give him that "what's up chump" knod and and pointed both fingers right a Chuck's chest then said "Im going to take your belt!!!!!!" Chuck looked pretty fired up when he left the ring!!!!! .....Good stuff. It would be nice if both sides would quit playing "patty cake" and sign the fight.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
fenderman80 said:
Definitely when Wanderlei Silva walked into a UFC ring (after Dana announced that a "Good Friend of His" was in the house) wearing a PRIDE shirt and told Chuck that he accepted his challenge. Chuck walked into the ring and Wanderlei dropped the mike and walked up to him and gave him his trademark staredown, and then proceeded give him that "what's up chump" knod and and pointed both fingers right a Chuck's chest then said "Im going to take your belt!!!!!!" Chuck looked pretty fired up when he left the ring!!!!! .....Good stuff. It would be nice if both sides would quit playing "patty cake" and sign the fight.
It'll never happen! By the time White and Millen get the crap together, Silva and Liddell will have already retired!

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
I agree Bonnar, but thats a shame. Thats one fight that you can almost guarantee would end in a KO

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm not a fan of taunting, so my favorite has to be Neer taunting Burkman during the whole fight, and Burkman taking the win.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Guy Mezger and Jerry Bohlander are both *****es, I'm glad Tito Ortiz pounded them both until nothing was left, they deserved it. Tito Ortiz didn't start the feud, they basically did by saying "hes a young kid, nothing great". Shamrock at least didn't start the feud with Ortiz because he has some sense in himself unlike those two cocky Lions Den rejects.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't remember what type of fight it was, mma, kickboxing, boxing etc. but they were in the middle of the ring with the ref reading them the rules. Then the get face to face nd the lil asian guy kisses him on the lips, the big european guys expression doesn't change, he just takes short step back and throws a short right and knocks him out cold. The best is afterwards he is standing there and shrugging his shoulders something in a different language but I bet it was "I ain't no ***." haha

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ghizman said:
I don't remember what type of fight it was, mma, kickboxing, boxing etc. but they were in the middle of the ring with the ref reading them the rules. Then the get face to face nd the lil asian guy kisses him on the lips, the big european guys expression doesn't change, he just takes short step back and throws a short right and knocks him out cold. The best is afterwards he is standing there and shrugging his shoulders something in a different language but I bet it was "I ain't no ***." haha
Yeah, K-1 Heath Herring on Yoshihiro Nakao but it was ruled a no contest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.