Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could be trained by any MMA fighter(s) who would you pick and why?

I would pick Mark Coleman because I'm more a grappler and I love to ground and pound. I'm not that good of a fighter standing up so I would think I would be a perfect candidate for ground and pound grappling.

I would also pick Mirko Cro Cop to help my stand up fighting, which pretty much doesn't even exist. He is one of the best strikers in MMA and would love for him to be my trainer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Matt Hughes, he is the most well rounded fighter and my idol. I would love to be able to learn half of what he knows, the other half i would learn from expierence in the ring. The man has got it from his feet to the matt POINT BLANK!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Python said:
Matt Hughes, he is the most well rounded fighter and my idol. I would love to be able to learn half of what he knows, the other half i would learn from expierence in the ring. The man has got it from his feet to the matt POINT BLANK!
Matts a great fighter and probably a great trainer...but he aint the best well rounded...his striking is very poor....he has great wrestling and very good subs....but guys like BJ Penn, Fedor, Shogun, and Franklin are way more well rounded than Hughes...

this is not to disrespect Hughes for he is one of the most dominant champs in mma....

I would go with Fedor Emelianenko or Bas Rutten....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Deadly Poet said:
Matts a great fighter and probably a great trainer...but he aint the best well rounded...his striking is very poor....he has great wrestling and very good subs....but guys like BJ Penn, Fedor, Shogun, and Franklin are way more well rounded than Hughes...

this is not to disrespect Hughes for he is one of the most dominant champs in mma....

I would go with Fedor Emelianenko or Bas Rutten....

I understand what you are saying but his technique, whether stand up, or on the mat are 95% better than mine so any or everything that he could teach me would be better. None taken, thanks.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Kameleon said:
If you could be trained by any MMA fighter(s) who would you pick and why?
I got to train a little bit with Chuck Liddell while I was down at the Pit. If I could get anybody it would be him, for sure. My grappling game is already really good, and I could use striking and takedown defense like his, everybody could.

Going beyond just where it helps my game, he really knows how to work his ass off in the gym and he pushes everybody around him to do the same. That's the kind of trainer I want.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
if fedor spoke english better i woul def pick him, but since he doesnt..i gotta say tito...i think he could bring out the best of me

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree about Fedor speaking better english. I'd want Vitor Belfort for my stand up game, which is already pretty decent...my grappling sucks so I would have to go with Matt Hughes on that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd train with Chuck Liddell and Vitor Belfort for my stand up, and with Ken Shamrock or Frank Shamrock for my ground games and submissions.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
el guapo. he is brillant and ould be awsome. Plus he can think up a game plan for any fighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts