Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think he'll fight when he returns? Will he do any good? Your thoughts and why.

I've seen Jens Pulver, hes undefeated in the UFC, a long time lightweight champion, just left the business. He's also beaten BJ Penn before so I don't see guys like Sean Sherk or Kenny Florian beating him for the lightweight title. When will he fight though and against who? Will we see a match against Sherk for the lightweight title? A rematch against Penn? I've heard some rumors that at UFC 64 in October he is going to have a rematch against Penn because it sounds like they are both fighting in the same PPV but no opponents named yet maybe they are fighting each other.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Im really looking forward to seeing Pulvers return to the UFC , he's going to make for a lot of interesting fights in the LW division , I definately see him winning the title again , but i also see Sherk pounding the hell out of him whenever they meet.

Edwards vs Pulver would be an amazing fight

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
yea i think sherk beats jens...i think bj beats him in a rematch as well, bj should just take him down and use his bjj...but is there ne news to whopulver will be fighting in his first bout

·
Registered
669 Posts
All he does is make a strong weight class even stronger.

I don't see him beating a guy like Sherk just because of peer strength that sherk has.

But he's fighting in UFC 63 when matt hughes fights.

I think he'll probably fight someone like Sam Stout personally, just because they're both good stand up fighters.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Don't forget Joe Stevenson and Spencer Fischer which are also good LW fighters.

I don't think we'll see BJ Penn going to LW any time soon personally, unless they get him to fight Pulver. I think he wants the Welterweight belt first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts