Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me your top 3 matches of the year in order. This means which matches were your favorite or which are you looking forward to? You can throw in matches that have already happened (108 or later) and others have to be matches that have been announced or heavily rumored.

1. Lesnar/Carwin - After the Carwin performance I am really excited to see how this goes.

2. Shogun/Machida II - has to be on here.

3. Lil Nog/Forrest - Just excited for this one. Think Nog should win but I'd like to see Forrest give him a war.

I guess there hasn't been that many matches already that could go on here. I was really excited for Cain/Nog and thought that would be a hell of a fight, but that didn't go well. Close matchups where you have to toss a coin, or a matchup where you know it will be a war do it for me over the one-sided title fights. Love watching Anderson and BJ destroy guys, but they don't make it in my top fights of the year.

·
Return Of The North Star
893 Posts
lets hope these fights go down first lol but yeah im excited for the possibility of these fights

·
Registered
147 Posts
good question!!
i have to agree with you on the brock carwin one, so ill only give 2 answers... i do agree with you on the shogun one but im not to excited about it if its gonna be a stalemate like the last one, i would love to see a bit more agression off one, but thats obviously goin to involve throwin any game plan out the window

1) carwin vs brock
2) anderson silva versus belfort... i know this is not a definate yet, but i really want to see how this pans out (if) it goes ahead, im not sure where it stands at present. i think belforts boxing could provide a problem for silva, and i love seeing silva come out for the knock out, and i think he would do this here
3) cain velasquez vs jds/brock/carwin... who cares, replace any name with any of the three on this list & you have a crazy exciting fight right before your eyes... i cant ******* wait to see these!!

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
1) Shogun/Machida
2) Rampage/Rashad
3) Carwin/Brock

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
the HW division is the most exciting atm. all these guys have something serious they bring to the table and i will enjoy watching any 4 of them fight each other.

i think of the last couple of UFCs the HW fights were my favorite, it really shook things up and made this a fun division

1. Cain vs Nog (passing of the torch IMO)
2. Carwin vs Mir (more new blood taking over)
3. JDS vs Gonzaga (hello?? can i join the party boys??)

damn this has got to be the best HW scenario in MMA history.

to think guys like Duffee, Cormier (come to UFC PLZ!!!), Rogers, and damn that huge black dude i cant remember his name... wrestler with limited striking but SO much potential...

anyways. fun times. big dudes KOing the hell outta each other. and some smaller dudes who are still huge showing us some speed and technique.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Can't make the call yet. 2010 isn't over by a long shot. If it's about the top three that have already fought, I would go with B.J.Penn vs. Sanchez. Lawler vs. Manhoef & Mir vs. Carwin. The ones I'm looking forward too:

definitely Machida/Shogun II
Rampage & Rashad
Lesnar vs. Carwin...

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Right now, Im looking forward to :
Wand/Akiyama
Forrest/Lil Nog
Page/Rashad

And you can also add :
Brock/Carwin
Machida/Shogun 2

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...Can't make the call yet. 2010 isn't over by a long shot. If it's about the top three that have already fought, I would go with B.J.Penn vs. Sanchez. Lawler vs. Manhoef & Mir vs. Carwin. The ones I'm looking forward too:

definitely Machida/Shogun II
Rampage & Rashad
Lesnar vs. Carwin...
Its just your top 3 of the year so far, whether they happened or are scheduled to happen this year. What fights make your top/most anticipated list...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts